« Home | Congratulations to Matt and Kara Wilding » | Sir Odin Von Hamburglar » | Ready, Set, Blog!!! »

Movin' On Up

For the past couple of days I’ve had a song in my head… Movin’ on Up from The Jefferson’s TV show that aired from 1975 – 1985. I have this song in my head because I’ve started to move in with Jeremy. I’ve been changing the words to it while I sing it in my head…I can be such a dork sometimes!!!

We're Movin' on Up!
Movin' on Up!
To the east end!
Movin' on Up!
To a dee-luxe house in the sky, We're movin' on up!
Movin' on Up!
To the east end!
Movin' on Up!
We've finally got a piece of the pie!

His mom has moved most of her things to her parents’ house while I’ve been moving things from my parents’ house. It’s been almost 26 years, but I’m finally moving out. I’m the last one to move out of my parent’s house, but I think I’ll be missed the most ;). There is a reason why I’ve stayed home and it’s because of my dog Boomer, but lets face it, it was also because I didn’t have to pay rent.

I didn’t realize how much stuff I have until I started to pack it up. I came out with more than six suitcases of clothing. I even got rid of about 2 laundry baskets of clothing as well. The only thing that I would want in Jeremy’s house that it doesn’t have is a walk-in closet, but someone told me that the mall could be it. I tend to go shopping when I need something to wear, so I guess they were right. I have the biggest walk-in closet in town!!!

Jeremy and I will be having a house warming / pool (if it’s warm enough) / welcome Odin party at some point. I’ll keep everyone updated as I know more.

The thing with your song though...I think both Mom and Dad will cry when they get home on Monday and find me not there. I know that they loved me most!!! (They told me)

I think all 3 of you sisters are big nerds :)

Post a Comment