« Home | Thunder Boomer Coutu » | Movin' On Up » | Congratulations to Matt and Kara Wilding » | Sir Odin Von Hamburglar » | Ready, Set, Blog!!! »

The Roller Coaster Capital of the World!!!

On June 10th, 2006 (a mere 16 days away), Anthony, Jeannette, Heather, Bryan, Jeremy and I will be on our way to Cedar Point Amusement Park, The Roller Coaster Capital Of The World!

We will be staying at the Hotel Breakers which will allow us to sleep a little later since we are about a 2 minute walk to the Cedar Point entrance. This hotel was built in 1905 and still has the original lobby.

We will be spending Saturday evening and all day Sunday at the park. We will hopefully get a photo of all six of us on a ride together. Last time, we rode the Magnum XL-200 until midnight and still couldn't get a good photo of everyone together. I'm really excited to ride the Top Thrill Dragster which was closed our last visit due to mechanical problems. The Top Thrill Dragster is one of the tallest and fastest roller coasters in the world. It is 420 feet tall with a maximum speed of 120 mph (190 kmh) and is over in approximately 10 seconds. But well worth the wait in line.

I will also be looking forward to the new ride called the Skyhawk. It is the newest ride for Cedar Point. It is a simple concept...a kids swing, but it is much faster and hopefully much more fun! I will give the ride a rating once I have actually ridden the ride.



There have been rumors that Cedar Point will be selling their Thrill Ride “Demon Drop”. It was built in 1983 and it stimulates a freefall from the top of a 10-story building. I have never wanted the chance to ride the Demon Drop, but a lot of people say it's one to go on. The ride usually doesn't have a line up and it only takes 2.5 seconds, so maybe I'll consider it when we go. To me...the Demon Drop is similar to the Power Tower, but Power Tower is probably more of a smooth ride. Demon Drop doesn't take up much room but there has been talk of a mega coaster replacing it, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hey Sandra, I guess I will have to live vicariously through you and Heather. Have fun and enjoy the rides!

I've only been on two roller coasters in my life. The wooden one in T.O with for the grade 8 trip and one in Niagara Falls with Limey on an anniversary trip. I hate them...I can handle going upside down but the freefall drops make me feel ill. I'm soooo glad I wimped out on going on the Bat with Heather.

Jennifer

Post a Comment