« Home | 15.6 LBS and Climbing » | First Time For Everything » | Happy Father's Day Dad!Hope you catch lots of fish... » | Happy Birthday to Us! » | Ode to Cedar Point » | Did You Know??? » | Super Mario Bros. » | Wedding Showers Bring May Flowers » | "The Break-Up" » | Puppy Day... »

Caramel Latte Deluxe or Diet Coke?

What qualifications would one need to work at a coffee place? Not much… You would think that if one works at a coffee place that they would know how to make a coffee drink.

I went to Rome’s today (as I do everyday at the same time) and bought a caramel latte deluxe. I see the exact same people working and usually chit-chat with them. It’s fair enough to say that they know me and they know my order. This one employee almost always screws up my order. It has happened 2-3 times (only because she usually doesn’t make the coffee, but just works at the cash). Now it’s not that hard to make a caramel latte deluxe…

To make a caramel latte deluxe:

  1. Get milk out of fridge.
  2. Get caramel flavoring from top shelf.
  3. Squirt caramel flavoring into paper cup (2 or 3 squirts).
  4. Pour milk into paper cup (about half way).
  5. Pour milk and caramel flavoring into silver heating cup thing.
  6. Put under steamer and turn on.
  7. Pour milk and flavoring until silver heating cup hot.
  8. Empty espresso press into garbage.
  9. Add 1 dose of espresso in to press and put on espresso machine.
  10. Put paper cup under spout and turn on espresso machine.
  11. When espresso done, pour warm milk/flavoring mix into paper cup with espresso.
  12. Take whip cream out of fridge.
  13. Spray whip cream around full paper cup.
  14. Put plastic lid on paper cup.

This employee tends to forget the whole coffee part, so I get back to work and take a drink of my “caramel latte deluxe” and realize that it’s just warm milk and caramel flavoring. Gross!!! I bought it so I think that I should choke it down and drink it. But then I think that within 15 – 20 minutes I’ll be falling asleep at my desk. So I decide to forgo coffee thing today and drink Diet Coke. Yes, it’s 10:30 AM and I’m drinking Diet Coke.

I think you should print out your caramel latte delux instruction and give them to the coffee lady next time.

I think I want a job where I can get paid to blog :)

You say it's not that hard but it's 14 steps, which is clearly 11 steps too many.

1. Grab caramel
2. Grab latte
3. Put both in deluxe cup

Now that's easy!

Wow 14 steps, I don't do anything that can't be accomplished in 7 steps or less, that girl must have a university degree of some kind. And if your so smart why didn't you realize that she forgot the coffee step, eh, miss smarty pants, and on a further note there is nothing wrong with drinking pop first thing in the morning. It's summer, it's hot out, why wouldn't you want to drink a nice cold refreshing pop, rather then hot coffee? Why I ask!!!! Now you got me all work up, thanks alot.

.... and B I'm getting paid a ridiculous amount of money to sit here and blog. In fact when I'm done blogging I usually follow it up by watching a movie. Unfortunately I have to be in Kashechewan to do this.

Andrea, you're a smart cookie. I think I will try that today.

Ryan, you ask why I drink coffee in the summer? Because my office is air conditioned and it's freezing. I go outside to warm up.

Bryan, I think today the office staff will sit around and have a couple beer.

Curt, you'd think it'd be that easy, but not for this employee. I did forget to say that the warm milk and caramel flavoring looked like milk with vegetable oil floating in it. It looked really nasty. Just thinking about it makes me want to get a Diet Coke!

Blech pop and coffee are both disgusting.

I'm sure you already know, but diet pop is baaaaadddddd for you. Like cancer causing bad and it isn't really "diet".

I know pretty much everything is bad for you but diet pop is realllly bad...lol.

Actually, a Diet Coke at 10am is just as bad as it would be at 10pm. Don't worry about it. If I were you I'd make sure to mention the mistake the next time you're really tired and get a free shot of espresso. I love the buzz!

Post a Comment