« Home | "The Break-Up" » | Puppy Day... » | The Roller Coaster Capital of the World!!! » | Thunder Boomer Coutu » | Movin' On Up » | Congratulations to Matt and Kara Wilding » | Sir Odin Von Hamburglar » | Ready, Set, Blog!!! »

Wedding Showers Bring May Flowers

Or something like that.

Yesterday was Heather’s wedding shower. About 30 people showed up and crammed into my
Mom’s living and dining room. Betty Stewart attended. She was another grandmother to Heather while she grew up. It was a hot but beautiful day. The food was plentiful and amazing. There was a Taco Dip, a Broccoli & Cheese dip, 6-layer Jell-o, a pasta salad, colourful sandwiches, cheese, meat and pickle trays, and a chocolate fountain with many different types of fruit.

Heather Coutu & Betty Stewart

A “Bryan” trivia game was played. Everyone had to guess how many questions Heather would answer correctly. Out of 26 questions, Heather got 10 correct. I guessed that she would get 19 correct and of course I was wrong. It would have been higher except Bryan was wrong on a couple of things, or Heather thought he was wrong. But it also would have been higher if she was able to consult me. I knew a couple of answers that Heather didn’t know…like his favorite meal is Kraft Dinner and his favorite breakfast food is French Toast.

Heather opened her gifts that she received…but won’t be allowed to use them until after the wedding. She is to keep the gifts at my parents’ house so that she doesn’t use them until after the wedding. I bought her (but I haven’t received it yet) a guest book, a guest book signing pen, and a cake serving set (knife and server)…but the knife is kind of pointless because they have cupcakes for their “wedding cake”. Chrissy bought her a gift certificate to Ocean Waves for a pedicure and manicure for the wedding day. We of course put the bows, and ribbons on her pink Sunday School hat that she had when she was little.

The only bridesmaid (besides Chrissy and I) that was able to make it to the shower was Kristin. Megan and Shauna both wanted to be there, but couldn’t make into town.

The only thing left is the BACHORLETTE PARTY! Chrissy and I will have to start to plan that. I wonder if the Back Door will have the “Italian Stallion” to dance for Heather like he did for Megan. I’ll have to look into that. I’ll keep you posted.

My mom (pink shirt), Bryan's Mom (brown shirt) and Kathy (white shirt) put the shower together.

Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see the pics!

Post a Comment