« Home | An Odin Update... » | Happy Canada Day at Snowshoe Camp » | Caramel Latte Deluxe or Diet Coke? » | 15.6 LBS and Climbing » | First Time For Everything » | Happy Father's Day Dad!Hope you catch lots of fish... » | Happy Birthday to Us! » | Ode to Cedar Point » | Did You Know??? » | Super Mario Bros. »

Camping at Lafoe Creek

This past weekend was the camping trip to Lafoe Creek. It was my first time to experience this annual event but for others this has been happening for almost 10 years. Jer and I left Friday afternoon and got to the campsite around dinner time. We sat in the river for a couple of hours and waited for others to show up. After everyone showed up we made dinner which consisted of philly cheese steak sandwiches and baked potatoes.

Saturday morning Jeremy went fishing on Wakomata Lake with a couple of people. I didn’t go, I decided to stay back and sit in the river. Sherri and I sat in the river and waited until everyone came back from fishing. At that point they joined us. Later that night, Sherri got hit in the face with a firecracker. She's okay, she has a small burn mark on her face. Every year some apparently has to get hurt, this year was her turn.


Sunday morning everyone made “baglets”, which is an omelet in a bag. I was quite surprised, it tasted really good. Shortly after breakfast, I left because I wasn’t feeling well. I had sun/heat stroke from being in the sun all day Saturday. It is Tuesday and I am still burnt; my legs are so burnt that they are swollen. I can barely walk because of the pain. I don’t think I’ve ever been burnt this badly.

Other than being burnt, I had a great weekend at Lafoe Creek and can't wait until next year.

I need to try these baglets. I'm sure they're not as good as cherry cheese cake though!

Hmmm...I don't know. I think I should try the cherry cheese cake again to find out!

Ouch good luck with that burn. The last time I was burnt that badly I had to go to Toronto for a week for the gift show. I was supposed to be this professional buyer picking up stock and I was all swollen and red. It was very embarassing.

So are you going to the reunion?

Probably not. I don't really know though. If I do, it will be a spurr of the moment thing.

Come to camp with me instead. We should get Heather to come out for a last night together alone and for some sister time... Just Saturday night.... please....

Post a Comment