« Home | Happy Birthday! » | The Sartor Family Reunion 2006 » | I'm Free!!! » | Mr. & Mrs. Bryan O'Toole » | 1 Year Together » | Keith Urban Concert » | Camping at Lafoe Creek » | An Odin Update... » | Happy Canada Day at Snowshoe Camp » | Caramel Latte Deluxe or Diet Coke? »

Take Me Out To The Ball Game....

This past Wednesday most of us from the Innovation Centre went to Anna McCrea field and played baseball. We met at the field at about 2:30 PM and played until about 4:00 PM. Only one major injury occurred when Joanne swung the bat (for the first time) and popped her shoulder out. The only other injury was when Gerry rolled his ankle or something. I didn’t really see it. Joanne was out for the rest of the game so she decided to lay down and rest her shoulder.

When I was up at bat I hit the ball (to the outfield) every time!!! It may have just been because it’s a public school playground and the “outfield” is about 30-40 feet from home plate…but I actually think it was because of my awesome skills at hitting the ball. I figured I would have been better at catching the ball than at hitting the ball, but I was wrong. I seem to think that if I stand in the field that the ball will miraculously just come to me and I won’t have to move. Well, it didn’t. I could have sat on the bench and probably would have been more help. I also tend to squeal when the ball comes close to me. It’s like I try and scare the ball away from me.

Here are some pictures of everyone playing baseball.


When baseball was done, everyone came by my place for a barbeque and pool party. Everyone brought something to share. Chocolate cake, taco dip (because I made it), and a pasta salad were amongst the favorites.


And by the way...I got paid to do this!

taco dip...yummy. Cheese balls...funny!

1. you didn't invite me to baseball
2. you didn't invite me to food
3. you didn't make me happy -- therefore I am sad :(

Sounds like fun. It's too humid to do anything here.

I didn't invite you Curt because I didn't want you to see how good I was and then beg me to play for the RBC Boobies next year!

See now you're putting the pressure on Tony to get RBC to sponsor us again next year. At least you had part of the equation right though... whoever sponsors us we'll still be the boobies.

Oh god I forgot we were the boobies.

PS You lived my dream of being paid to play baseball!

Post a Comment