« Home | Cleveland Rocks! » | JOKE: » | Second Annual Halloween Bash » | Toronto, Cyndi and The Facts of Life » | Odin…When Will You Ever Learn » | Vacation Plans 2006 - 2007 » | My Soon To Be New iMac » | The Amazing Spider-Man » | Site Update » | Project 2007 = MAVERICK »

GIS Day!!!

Today, I hosted a GIS (Geographic Information System) Day for 190 highschools students in the Algoma region. Some students slept through the day's activities, some students listened, but for the most part most students became more familiar with what GIS is.

A couple news articles about the GIS day.
soonews.ca
(with video)
sootoday.com

Did you like geography in highschool? All I remember about that class was colouring maps and having Drew Levy whisper "I'm a rebel" in my ear on a daily basis.

All I remember from Geography is coloring maps and Mr. Smith's half finger.

Lol..Mr. Smith had a half finger!?

That's pretty interesting. At least he didn't have green sweaty armpits like the math guy did. Yuck.

GIS Day should stop using pictures of the world drawn by "special" kids. Either that or they should keep the globe away from the heat lamps. (Sandra I'm so sorry if your the one who drew the logo for GIS Day).

No Ryan, I did not draw the globe. Come on you know me...I couldn't draw that well. It's actually the logo for GIS Day. They have a website and everything (www.gisday.com). You can even order t-shirts with the logo on it if you want to!

Post a Comment