« Home | The Amazing Spider-Man » | Site Update » | Project 2007 = MAVERICK » | New Look » | Happy Birthday! » | Goodbye Snoopy! » | GO HOUNDS! » | Take Me Out To The Ball Game.... » | Happy Birthday! » | The Sartor Family Reunion 2006 »

My Soon To Be New iMac

The time has come. I think I have decided to finally buy a Mac desktop. I’ve had my PC for about 5 years and it is still a great computer, except that it’s slow; too slow for me. If I remember correctly, it is an AMD Athlon 1.2, has over 1 GB of RAM, a Dual-layer DVD burner, and 70 GB of hard drive space (10 GB is a removable hard drive).

The one that I want….

2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
500 GB Hard Drive
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 256 MB SDRAM
and….24-inch widescreen display with built-in iSight Camera


The price is only $3089.00 which is actually cheaper than my PC (when it was bought 5 years ago).

Welcome to the Mac side.

lmao i just priced that one today on http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore

i'm waiting for leopard to come out in the spring before i buy it.

Trying to out-do me eh? What next... a Nikon D200 to top my D80? You know you're just going to get me in trouble with Heather right, because I'm going to want a new updated iMac! Thanks a lot!!!

I don't know Sandra, I've got a Dell m90 laptop and it has some serious power. Although, the price tag is a bit higher than the mac. Worth it to me though. Don't go fruity on me! Your bro.

Thanks Curt...it's about time. You should have seen my mom's expression when I told her - she was all smiles.

Jenn...I'm going to try and save some money up before I buy it. Unless they have a payment plan?

Bryan...I have to out-do you on something. You'll be safe with your Nikon though. I don't plan on purchasing another camera anytime soon. I don't use mine enough now.

Kev...I would rather have a PC, but for everything that I want, a Mac is pretty much the way to go. Unless a great brother of mine decides to give me one for a Christmas present???!!!

I don't think they have a plan. I'm doing a kitchen reno next spring and I want that computer to be apart of it ;). If future shop comes out with the 24" I'll buy it on the card on a no interest plan or put it on my super low interest visa which is only 7%. It is a pricey computer, but I'm running an 850mhz computer with only 384mb ram and windows me so it'll be well worth it!

I think there is an "Apple" purchasing plan, all computer companies have them but you end up paying way too much for your computer.

And what... you'd rather have a PC :S.

I've switched a couple months ago and wouldn't go back, can't stand working on the PC at work anymore, no fancy short cut thingies.

Curt - I would rather have a PC, only because I know them. I don't really know Macs and I get very frustrated when working with my Mom's Mac. I think that I'll eventually love the Mac, but we'll have to wait. I will however say that I like the software that comes with the Mac.

I hadn't used a Mac for more than 5 minutes before I bought mine. Basically Craig let me look at his Powerbook to see the UI and that was about it. I knew I wanted to make the switch though as I was sick of MS.

If you sit down and use the system you'll get used to it pretty quick. Basically you need to throw out everything you're accustomed to and you'll realize that it's actually easier in OSX.

Expose is also you're friend, it's simple and easy and extremely useful.

My top secret site will be of interest to you as well (maybe up tonight, maybe tomorrow).

Post a Comment